By Integrative Therapeutics
Elemental Diet for Patients with Moderate to Severe Gastrointestinal Dysfunction
Physicians’ Elemental Diet is intended for use under medical supervision for the dietary management of patients with GI dysfunction.
The elemental diet is designed for the dietary management of:
• Irritable bowel and Crohn’s disease
• Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO),
• Moderate to severe impaired gastrointestinal function.
Physicians’ Elemental Diet contains a balanced blend of macronutrients fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes to assure comprehensive support as a sole source of nutritional intake for limited periods. It has been:
• Specifically formulated to contain free amino acids, partially hydrolyzed carbohydrate and medium chain triglycerides to aid in their absorption from the GI lumen.
• Designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition for up to four weeks.
• Produced as a strictly hypoallergenic formula, free from intact protein, polypeptides, corn, gluten, wheat, soy, and dairy.
• Formulated with a well-tolerated flavor for improved patient adherence.
Dosing by Caloric Need
Physicians’ Elemental Diet should be used for two-four weeks. It was designed to maintain nutritional sustenance as a sole source of nutrition, and can also be used as a half-elemental diet making dosing dependent upon the caloric needs of each patient. One scoop of Physicians’ Elemental Diet = 36 grams, and 150 calories. Each 432g bag contains 12 scoops (1,800 calories) and each 1,296g bag contains 36 scoops (5,400 calories).